I am a certified UXD expert, a professional Design Thinking practitioner, a visual thinker, and a storyteller, I’m a YouTuber as I’ve told earlier and I am an instagram influencer as well so let’s deep dive and see what usability heuristics is all about, but before you deep dive kindly like, share, and comment on this video and if you are new to this channel then kindly subscribe to the channel and hit the bell icon so that you can get all our upcoming notifications so without much ado let’s get started!
- visibility of system status
- match between the system and the real world
- user control and freedom
- consistency and standards
- error prevention
- recognition rather than recall
- flexibility and efficiency of use
- aesthetic and minimalistic design
- help users recognize errors and recover from errors
- help and documentation
In the next section, I am going to teach each and every point with proper examples so that it will be coined in your heart and your head.
cart is an exact replica of what shopping cart we always see in a departmental store
so that’s all for our match between system and the real world which says that user prefers to see your icon your interface similar to your real world so there is a real and the online world should be similar then they will find it familiar and they will use it conveniently.
file or this folder something like that and you can delete it if you say you are absolutely sure that yes you want to delete you can click on the yes button and if you are not sure you want to recheck which file you have mistakenly hit the delete key you can always click on the cancel button so over here you are giving the user the utmost control and the freedom of choice of what they want to do and if they are stuck how they can come out from the sticky situation so that is the third law the third principle of usability heuristic.
Let’s now go to the next heuristic principle.
10. Every successful application operating system or your websites or any service total lies in whether you have a proper help document or not whether you’re helping the end user properly or not do you have faqs do you have proper documentation of the process of how to use a particular new mobile how to take the first snap how to charge your battery what is the difference between the charger that you have been using earlier and the new charger that you are using now so all these things there has to be proper help and documentation if you have a very difficult process every smaller unit of that process has to be properly documented so that if you are not there in that organization or you have moved to another project anybody who is taking up the job next should be able to perform their duties properly.